A lot that happens on a day to day basis is focused on being silent and listening to others while at the same time giving input. With my relationship with friends this is how it usually goes. However, we do end up getting busy and actually taking the time to listen to someone becomes extremely difficult. There may not be speaking involved because deadlines are all you think of. Yet through the silence and business of our schedules we find time to have fun.
Being busy makes it harder to interpret silence and speaking. It becomes so much easier to not pay attention to someone that is being silent and sometimes harder to figure out what a person is trying to tell you. Speech and silence are both important yet hard to maintain.
I agree that silence is important in listening and that with such busy lives it becomes extremely easy to ignore the ones closest to us especially when they too are silent. Therefore, we must find the time and use speech to engage in a speaking/listening conversation with others.
ReplyDeleteI agree that with busy lives as college students and stressing out about class and test make it hard to notice that person who maybe silent for a reason but I also have had people been silent to me get my attention andI am the type of person that when I notice your being silent to me I want to know why and go to great lengths to figure that out.
ReplyDelete