Sunday, April 22, 2012

     For my project, I decided to portray how silenced is used in different cultures, including mine.  I was born in an immensely diverse community so I have good experiences and I know how a lot of other cultures utilize silence in a negative way.  However, where i'm from, there are cultures that not too many people know about, here in the mainlands.  I thought it would be an interesting topic because I know that I would teach the class something new.  I know that we have many other things to focus on in life other than cultures, so I think this would be a great opportunity to tell the class about these different cultures and how they use silence.

4 comments:

  1. Trina, I think this will be a really interesting paper to read. I am curious to see what you discovered about the silencing of your culture and how it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a very interesting paper. I was wondering if you were planning of focusing on silence in social situations or silence in times of stress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, This sounds like a very interesting topics and I am looking forward to your presentation. I dont know much of other cultures and it is always nice to learn about them especially from someone that has or lives in that culture for years

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great topic to investigate! The use of silence by other cultures will be interesting because of the unfamiliarity we possess on this issue. Can't wait to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.