Monday, April 30, 2012

Relationships

In the varying relationships of my life I use both elements of speaking and silence to express my emotions.  I find that I am often more silent in close personal relationships with friends and family.  In many cases I think I am better understood, in these close relationships, by the things I don't say.  People that are famililar with me and my style of speaking can conversly see my opinion by my silence, and emotions that go along with that.  With my family a simple head nod or shoulder shrug can say everything about the conversation and communication within the group.  
Another reason that I am often more silent with those I know better is that I simply prefer to listen.  I spend so much time with those close to me I often don't have anything pressing to say or point to get across.  This closely follows my reasoning for often being more vocal and using more speaking with those I do not know as well.  I speak more with this group because I regularly have a point to convey or information that must be passed through speaking. 
Overall I believe both elements are important tools of communication in all of my relationships.  Having one element without the other would make it hard to carry on any communication. Although I have found that my speaking increases with people I do not know as well, I prefer to listen in most relationships over speaking.

Paxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.