Hey Guys,
For my essay I decide to focus on the oppression of reporters in Africa. I found out that the governments there dont allow them to take photos of these kids and report about certain things. This is clearly a form of silencing but as I read more and more about it I began to thing of why might the government want these reporters not reporting on these thing? Because in history it is shown when thing are reported the West has helped out all the time so that made me think that the government made not want the help and want to show the world that they are strong enough to make it thru rough times on their own. I feel that I am the same way I am one of the people that will try everything and ask for help as a last resort and be scared about it but in the last couple years I have grown to realize everyone needs help now and then so there is nothing to be scared about
There seems to be too much pride in politics and suffering these days. I remember reading about countries refusing aid after the tsunami few years ago and thought to myself that this must be a show of strength. We must know when to ask for health for the betterment of a people. We also must not hide the suffering of others as this limits the amount of healing that can take place.
ReplyDeleteI am the same way. It's not always easy to ask for help and to be completely honest it shows good character to try and figure things out on your own. Yet everyone does need help now and then, like you said. The reporters are not the only people silenced.
ReplyDelete