Monday, April 23, 2012

Political Prisoners-Being Silenced Essay

For my being silenced essay, I first started off by trying to find out more about internet silencing.  This was mainly due to all the laws trying to be passed by countries to restrict what is on the internet, more specifically through the ACTA in Europe.  This however, somehow led me to the topic of Saudi Arabia.  I previously did not know anything about this country and certainly not any of its issues.

After reading more about Saudi Arabia, I found it interesting to what degree human rights are denied and people's voices silenced.  Saudi Arabia seemed to take criticism of the government strongly and were intolerant.  A few things I was surprised about were how this has being going on for three decades now and that other nations are not offering help to those that are imprisoned without a cause or due process.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that you were looking for information on internet silencing as a new bill in the US is threatening our privacy again. CISPA, or the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, is different from SOPA but deals with some of the same topics and mainly intends to fight cybercrime. It would be a good topic to write about if you wanted to deal with internet silencing as it is new and relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.