Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sounds of Myself-Supriya

This project was definitely something new and a little challenging.  I had no clue how to edit music or even use audacity properly.  It took a little while to figure out how to use the program and after many failed attempts, I seemed to figure out how to use it to a very basic extent.  The project was something new and it was interesting to see people's interpretations as well as the different styles displayed.

Recording and hearing my own voice in class was quite awkward, especially because I think I sound completely different on recording.  I enjoyed listening to everyone's sound essay because they showed a lot about each individual's personality as well as gave an insight into their lives.  All the sound essays played were unique and stood out.  Overall, this was an interesting project that made me think more about who I am and how sound has affected me and played a great role in my life.

Supriya

3 comments:

  1. I agree that hearing yourself out loud can be a little awkward. That being said, I think that this project fits in well with the theme of the class. As you stated, the project allowed us to show a lot about our own personality. The goal of the course is to use silence and noise to uncover this emotion and express it. This project will certainly make us realize the importance of sound in our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that our voices all sound completely different on a recording, which is ironic because the project is called Sounds of Myself. I think we just are not use to hearing our own voices or the audio makes our voices sound a little more childish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that our voices all sound completely different on a recording, which is ironic because the project is called Sounds of Myself. I think we just are not use to hearing our own voices or the audio makes our voices sound a little more childish.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.