I really enjoyed reading The Lake Isle of Innisfree by William Yates. It was fairly simple and easy to understand. It was interesting to hear how other people viewed the area described and how different people's views were. Originally I thought of the lake at night, until hearing the part about the bees buzzing. I thought that the poem had a peaceful tone.
It was different hearing the poem, because the voice used to read it was shakey and not at all calming or relaxing. It gave the Lake an eerie tone and made it sound like it was almost haunted. This poem did a good job in describing its surrounding and showed that it could be interpreted in many ways.
Supriya
I liked that poem too. It was interesting to see how many people pictured clouds and who pictured sun. Obviously everyone felt surrounded by nature but everyone's nature was different.
ReplyDeleteI love the poem. I was able to imagine the extremely relax and calm environment. I would love to stay in the place like that. In other hand, the recorded voice totally ruined the mood.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this poem as well. I know we all have that place we go to when we need to relax and be at peace. Whether it be real or in our imagination, we all have that escape. With the way it was read, it did change my mind on it a little bit. I didn't feel as relaxed listening to it as I did reading. However, it still put me in a good mood hearing the imagery that I could create myself.
ReplyDelete