Hi, my name is Trina Sablan and I am a freshman. I am originally from Saipan (a small island in the Pacific) but prior to moving here, I lived in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. My major is English/Prelaw, the two subjects that I find most interesting; although, English was not my first choice. As for law, I have always had the desire to become a defense attorney and I plan to pursue that goal. I would not let anything deter that.
As I progressed academically, my interest in English increased. I think that it fits me the most. Since high school, English was always my strongest point. My goals for this class is to have more knowledge on the subject and have a better understanding on it, I definitely want to expand and I think that this class will fulfill that. Due to the fact that I am a freshman who took English 150 last semester, I was nervous to attend this class because it is a huge step. However, I will do my best to receive the grade that I want.
I am not a great fan of silence, atleast not anymore. I used to be immensely shy, but as I grew, I realized that being shy would get me nowhere. After realizing that, I improved my social skills in multiple ways. Being active in sports and extracurricular activities were the best solution to that problem. I was active in many things throughout my high school years so that helped strengthen my social skills. Now, I always look forward to meeting new people and having the opportunity to getting to know them. Clearly, I like speaking more. I also knew that being silent would not help me pursue my ambitions due to the fact that I want to become a defense attorney. I knew what I had to do and I know that I accomplished it. Lawyers have to be good public speakers, it is essential. Although I am not an expert in public speaking, I try my best. I know that I need more practice so I will ensure to speak as much as I can everyday.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Trina Introduction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.