Hey everyone,
My name is Supriya, I am a sophomore and pre-med. I am currently a Biology major and a Psychology minor, but I'm going to switch to neuroscience soon. I am from Festus, MO which is only 40 minutes away from SLU. I was born in India, but my family moved when I was little and I lived in England for 6 years before moving to America.
The reason why I am taking this class would be because a 300 level English for a B.S. The title of the class did seem interesting and ratings were also good. I did not know what to expect from this class, but so far I have enjoyed the class, readings, and discussion. It is nice to read something and form your own opinions. It has also been interesting to see how other people view the same reading and how perception on a topic varies between people.
I have no problems speaking with my friends or even strangers, but I normally only speak in class if I think something is relevant. I am also fine with being silent, but more in an indifferent manner than being shy. I believe that my life has good balance of silence and speaking.
Supriya Nagireddi
I agree, I think creating your own opinions and thoughts on a certain subject allow others to see how you interpret something or see a story in a certain light. It is pretty cool to hear all of the different opinions that everyone has as well, because then aside from your own interpretation, you have others that either reinforce what you saw or interpret from a completely different perspective, which then you can use to compare with your own views.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both you and David on the importance of learning from the viewpoints of others. It is nice to get out of a class related to your major and listen to what students studying other things have to say on a topic. It helps you broaden your horizons and learn more than just what is being taught by the teacher.
ReplyDelete