Hello. My name is Paxton Nelson. I am
currently a Biology major here at SLU, but I am looking to switch my
major to Education. I am from the north side of Chicago and work at
a law firm in the downtown loop. I enjoy to play music a lot and
have been playing for 5 years. I like to play guitar, bass, and
piano as well as singing. I would like to do something with music in
my future career.
I joined this class originally because
of the name. I thought that it would be an interesting way to
present an english class. After the first class I saw that I was
correct in choosing this course. I think the assignments sound
interesting and that I can learn a lot from this course. I have
enjoyed almost all of my English/literature courses in the past and I
believe that will continue. I look forward to see what this semester
holds.
As a musician silence was never
something that came easy to me. Although, I do enjoy to listen to
others, I find that it is just to get enough information about the
topic to reply and retort. Silence to me can sometimes be awkward and
boring. Speaking is something I am more familiar with. Speaking is
one of the fundamentals of communication. (Especially for me because
I prefer not to text or im) Speaking is essential for interaction in
a clear and artistic way. I look forward to going deeper into the
meaning of both silence and speaking later in class.
Paxton Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.