Monday, May 7, 2012
Final Blog
At the beginning of the semester, I have to be honest in saying that I was dreading this English class. Most English classes I have been associated with require useless exercises, busy-work and grading at the expense of a teacher's preference without prior knowledge of what that is. However, I am happy to say that I have experienced nothing like this in the investigation of speaking and silence in literature and rhetoric. Ms. Lambke was able to provide us with interesting text that demonstrated the main themes this class was centered around. It has opened my eyes to rhetorical speaking and silence in such a way that encourages me to contemplate my tactics of both elements in conversation. I have taken a great deal away from this class not only in content but different project modalities. I was glad to move away from traditional essay writing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that the exploration into different project modalities was somewhat of a "bonus" that was somewhat unexpected. The range of modalities examined echoed the range of interpretation that was present when reading each text.
ReplyDelete