The text from class that I enjoyed most was Persepolis. It was interesting to see how the use of background imagery truly changes the way one views and reads a text. When examing the text I could not help but ask myself which theme; silence or speech, imagery fits into. The literal translation would suggest it does not fit within either broad theme, and although I base my reasoning on more than the literal translation of each word I believe this is somewhat true. Imagery is a form of silence in that it does not literally involve speech, but it is also a form of expression much like speech.
I know that after this course I will likely view all different facets of life in relation to silence and speech. After the course my understanding of how to be respectful of moments of silence and moments of expression has expanded.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.