Monday, March 5, 2012
Hunger Games
So, I have gave in and started reading the Hunger Games after many people have told me that I should. I am only about a fourth of the way done with it but some of the things I have observed is that the main character Katniss is a very strong person and she is not silent in the slightest bit in the beginning, she is very vocal about her hate towards that government called the Capitol, and all that they stand for. She thinks the whole idea of the Hunger Games is wrong but, when her little sister's name is called she screams and volunteers to take her place. That scream that she let out in love for her sister was in a way a way she silenced her self because, she was taken away from her family and not pinned against 23 other kids and have to fight to the death. As far as I am in the book I have noticed that as it progresses and the Games get closer the quieter this very opinionated young women becomes. I still haven't decided if this is just the government trying to control its people or just the effect of being ripped away from your family and being sent to fight for your life and have a one in twenty four shot of living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a really interesting snippet. I have never read or seen the Hunger Games and it's something I've really wanted to get into. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete